Went down to lobby to arrange taxi pickup at 6:00 a.m. next day for ride to airport. Then walked around shops on main level. Bought a t-shirt at one shop for 45 Egyptian pounds. Took it back to room, then left to go to Hard Rock Cafe.
Walk was not too bad, though was bothered by 2 people wanting me to come to their shop and another group just making small talk.
Arrived at Grand Hyatt Hotel, found Hard Rock entrance and went past security. The Cafe was not open yet, but the store was. Went into store, bought a t-shirt, key chain, and a hat for M. Hansen. [2019 NOTE: A co-worker who asked me to pick him up a Hard Rock hat.] (200 pounds for t-shirt, 120 pounds for key chain and 100 pounds for hat.) They did not have a polo shirt at this one, only non-t-shirt was a long sleeve white denim dress shirt that I did not like. Oh Well.
They let me sit at the bar while I was waiting for kitchen to open. Got a Coke and later ordered the nachos and chicken cajun sandwich. Ate them at the bar while watching the video screens. This place got really busy really fast!
Like the idiot I am, forgot to give my All Access card to the store, hoping they can add it on afterwards. Will at least get the meal credit on there.
Paid for meal and they used my All Access card for a 10% discount instead of giving credit on card? Oh well, gave me something in return. I had to wait for a bit while they found a manager, so the girl running the bar gave me a hot tea on the house. Nice of her, but was a bit too warm today for hot tea. Drank half, and when I left, she was offering to put the rest in a carry out cup. I thanked her, but said no.
Walked back to hotel with the usual 3 or 4 people trying to get me in a taxi or shop. One offered to take me around. What I am not sure? Back in hotel I laid down to cool off and fell asleep for about 3 hours. Woke up a bit after 5:00 p.m. Not sure, but will probably walk over to KFC tonight. Then will see if there are any shops to spend last 200 Egyptian pounds. It is less than $40, so not worth the time to sell back. Will just spend it, or take it home.
This day seems like such a waste. While I did get my Hard Rock visit, and some much needed rest, kind of seems like an anti-climatic end to a wonderful trip. I guess I still have Vienna, though with the cold, not sure what all I will get done there. [2019 NOTE: My return flights to the USA included a 22 hour layover in Vienna, Austria.]
Decided I was not that hungry and that I would only eat if that was best way to get rid of Egyptian money. Went down to main level and looked around another shop. Some nice items, but nothing that jumped out at me. Walked into other tower of hotel to bookstore. Found a book on Egyptian Gods that looked nice and a few old 1800's lithograph reprints that would make nice framed art. Bought them and came back to room.
Re-packed bag which is now a bit heavy and arranged things for the morning. Set alarm for 5:00 a.m. so should be able to be downstairs at 6:00 a.m. Leaving so early should allow me to avoid worst of traffic and have plenty of time at airport for check in and security. Overheard a conversation that you pass 2 security points, so could take some time.
Hopefully things go smooth and I have a nice flight to Vienna. For now will just watch TV or read and then go to bed early.
They let me sit at the bar while I was waiting for kitchen to open. Got a Coke and later ordered the nachos and chicken cajun sandwich. Ate them at the bar while watching the video screens. This place got really busy really fast!
Like the idiot I am, forgot to give my All Access card to the store, hoping they can add it on afterwards. Will at least get the meal credit on there.
Paid for meal and they used my All Access card for a 10% discount instead of giving credit on card? Oh well, gave me something in return. I had to wait for a bit while they found a manager, so the girl running the bar gave me a hot tea on the house. Nice of her, but was a bit too warm today for hot tea. Drank half, and when I left, she was offering to put the rest in a carry out cup. I thanked her, but said no.
Walked back to hotel with the usual 3 or 4 people trying to get me in a taxi or shop. One offered to take me around. What I am not sure? Back in hotel I laid down to cool off and fell asleep for about 3 hours. Woke up a bit after 5:00 p.m. Not sure, but will probably walk over to KFC tonight. Then will see if there are any shops to spend last 200 Egyptian pounds. It is less than $40, so not worth the time to sell back. Will just spend it, or take it home.
This day seems like such a waste. While I did get my Hard Rock visit, and some much needed rest, kind of seems like an anti-climatic end to a wonderful trip. I guess I still have Vienna, though with the cold, not sure what all I will get done there. [2019 NOTE: My return flights to the USA included a 22 hour layover in Vienna, Austria.]
Decided I was not that hungry and that I would only eat if that was best way to get rid of Egyptian money. Went down to main level and looked around another shop. Some nice items, but nothing that jumped out at me. Walked into other tower of hotel to bookstore. Found a book on Egyptian Gods that looked nice and a few old 1800's lithograph reprints that would make nice framed art. Bought them and came back to room.
Re-packed bag which is now a bit heavy and arranged things for the morning. Set alarm for 5:00 a.m. so should be able to be downstairs at 6:00 a.m. Leaving so early should allow me to avoid worst of traffic and have plenty of time at airport for check in and security. Overheard a conversation that you pass 2 security points, so could take some time.
Hopefully things go smooth and I have a nice flight to Vienna. For now will just watch TV or read and then go to bed early.
No comments:
Post a Comment